A proper video converter makes life easier by changing video files into different formats. It enables you to play video on your desired device and media player. Moreover, it is a useful tool before editing your videos as some formats let you get a more efficient editing process. Thankfully, there is a wide selection of video converters. This guide will identify the best MKV to AVI converters and share you the details.
Part 1: Top 3 Paid MKV to AVI Converters
Top 1: AVAide Video Converter
AVAide Video Converter appears on the top of our list, partly because it designs plentiful pro-level features in the way that everyone can learn easily.
- Convert MKV to AVI or other formats easily.
- Batch process multiple videos one time.
- Protect video and audio quality.
- Available to Windows and Mac OS X.
- You have to purchase a license after free-trial.
How to Batch Convert MKV to AVI
Step 1Import MKV
To start with, you need to download the software on your computer.
Then, launch the best MKV to AVI converter after you install it on your computer. Click the Add Files menu at the left side and import the MKV files that you want to change. After importing, you will see the videos in the main interface.
Step 2Set output format
Click the Convert All to option at the top right corner to open the profile dialog. Go to the Video tab, search for AVI and select it, and pick a proper preset. Optionally, click the Gear icon and reset the resolution, video codec and more based on your need.
Step 3Convert MKV to AVI
Go to the bottom of the home interface, and click the Folder icon to set the destination folder. Finally, click on the Convert All button to begin converting MKV to AVI immediately.
Top 2: Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is an all-in-one solution to convert your MKV to AVI or other formats. It costs starting from $39.95 per year. Moreover, you will find a video editor in the software.
- Support over 1,000 different formats.
- Batch convert MKV files quickly.
- Edit video before or after converting.
- Equip a clear interface.
- This MKV to AVI converter is expensive and no free version.
- You have to purchase the whole suite, but not single converter.
Top 3: Any Video Converter Ultimate
Any Video Converter Ultimate provides an array of plans for different people starting from $49.95. It is another one-stop MKV to AVI converter for both PC and Mac users. In addition to video converting, you can also get bonus features.
- Convert MKV files to AVI.
- Download or record videos for converting.
- Include a video editor and burner.
- Compatible with most of the video formats.
- It is slower than other video converters.
- It cannot process 3D videos.
Part 2: Top 4 Free MKV to AVI Converters
Top 1: FFmpeg
FFmpeg is a unique MKV to AVI converter. As an open-source project, everyone can use it for free. Unlike other video converters, it relies on program language to do the job on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Free to use without limit.
- Convert MKV to AVI in a few seconds.
- Work on almost all multimedia formats.
- Available to a wide range of computers.
- The program language may be difficult for average people.
Top 2: Zamzar
Zamzar is a web-based MKV to AVI converter. If you do not like to install software, it is the best option. Although there are some limits, it can meet your basic need on video converting online.
- Convert MKV to AVI online.
- Support batch video converting.
- Send results to email after processing.
- No watermark or other limits.
- It only processes up to five files and each is less than 50MB per time.
Top 3: VLC Media Player
VLC is an open-source media player as well as a MKV to AVI converter. Unlike FFmpeg, VLC works with an interface. More importantly, the full version is free of charge without any extra payment or limit.
- Convert a MKV to AVI for free.
- Available to Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Download online videos.
- Play MKV and AVI directly.
- It is a bit difficult to learn.
- The output quality is not very good.
Top 4: Format Factory
Format Factory is a full version of free MKV to AVI converter. It enables you to change between file formats on PC by viewing ads. Moreover, it equips a media player and the basic editing tools.
- Convert between MKV and AVI.
- Support batch converting.
- Trim video and convert a clip or clips.
- It is only available to Windows.
- You have to view ads when converting videos.
Part 3: FAQs about MKV to AVI Converter
How to convert MKV to AVI on Mac?
There are at least two ways to convert MKV to AVI on Mac. Firstly, you can use a video converter app available to Mac. The simpler way is to do the job with a web MKV to AVI converter online.
How to convert MKV to AVI in VLC?
Step 1: Choose Convert/Save from Media menu in VLC.
Step 2: Click Add button to add a MKV file.
Step 3: Hit the Convert/Save button, and then choose AVI from the Profile option.
Step 4: Set the destination folder and click Start button.
What is the difference between MKV and AVI?
MKV is open-source container format while AVI is released by Microsoft. MKV supports H.264/AVC and HEVC/H.265, which are not supported by AVI.
Now, you should learn the top 7 best MKV to AVI converters for PC and Mac. Sometimes, MKV is not accessible in your media player. The solution is to convert MKV files to other video formats, such as AVI. You can pick the most appropriate tool for your machine, like AVAide Video Converter. Other questions? Please write down below.
Your complete video toolbox that supports 350+ formats for conversion in lossless quality.
Convert to AVI
- Convert MKV to AVI
- Convert MP4 to AVI
- Convert WMV to AVI
- Convert WMV to AVI
- Convert DivX to AVI
- Convert FLV to AVI
- Convert MPEG to AVI
- Convert M4V to AVI
- Convert MTS to AVI
- Convert SWF to AVI
- Convert VOB to AVI
- Convert WebM to AVI
- Convert F4V to AVI
- M2TS to AVI
- MXF to AVI
- 3GP to AVI
- RMVB to AVI
- XVID to AVI
- DV to AVI
- OGV to AVI
- AMV to AVI
- MTV to AVI
- MPG to AVI
- TRP to AVI