This article intends to share an unbiased review of DVDFab and the best alternatives. There are oceans of programs on the market that were developed for different purposes. As its name indicated, DVDFab is a software solution to extract videos and audio tracks from a Blu-ray disc or DVD to your computer. Before downloading, you can learn the software and more options to make the best decision. Let's start the amazing journey.
Part 1: What Are the Main Functions of DVDFab
DVDFab is a reliable and stable DVD software solution. It provides several different ways to digitize your homemade or commercial DVDs and Blu-ray discs. Firstly, let's learn what it can do exactly.
Main Features of DVDFab
1. Copy the entire optical disc or specific chapters to a computer.
2. Create a DVD folder or an ISO image file.
3. Rip the main movie from a Blu-ray or DVD.
4. Split or merge DVDs or Blu-ray discs as you wish.
5. Clone Blu-ray discs or DVDs in a 1:1 ratio.
6. Copy and convert UHD videos to Blu-ray.
7. Support popular video output formats.
8. Optimize DVD videos for YouTube.
Unbiased Review of DVDFab
- DVDFab equips with tons of features.
- Advanced users can work with custom options to produce the desired effects.
- It provides a free trial so that you can see how it works.
- You can process multiple videos with the Task Queue.
- The user-friendly interface makes it quite easy to use.
- It takes a long time to process Blu-ray.
- You have to buy the whole software even if you just need a specific mode.
How Much Does DVDFab Cost
DVDFab comes with a free trial for basic features. If you want to keep using it after that, you can pay for it. The lifetime license costs $99.99, the 2-year license costs $89.99, and the 1-year license costs $69.99. If you just want to use it occasionally, the 1-month license costs $44.99.
Part 2: Best Alternatives to DVDFab
Top 1: Tipard Blu-ray Converter
Tipard Blu-ray Converter is a flexible alternative to DVDfab. For beginners, the user-friendly interface lets them find what they want easily. Advanced users can create the desired result with custom options and bonus tools.
- Rip Blu-ray/DVD and ISO images.
- Support over 500 output formats.
- Allow you to edit videos.
- Work with hardware acceleration.
- It is not free and you have to buy a license after a free trial.
How to Use the DVDFab Alternative
Step 1Load a Blu-ray
Run the best DVDfab alternative after installing it on your computer. Insert the Blu-ray disc into your computer too. Pull down the Load Blu-ray menu and load the disc. If you just want to rip specific titles, click the Full Title List and select them.
Step 2Select an output format
Click the Rip All to menu to open the profile dialog. Go to the Video tab, select a proper format, and pick a preset. To play the output on your mobile phone, head to the Device tab, and select the proper model.
Step 3Rip the Blu-ray
Go back to the main interface, set a directory to save the output, and click Rip All button.
Top 2: MakeMKV
MakeMKV is a free alternative to DVDfab. You can use it for 30 days for a trial if you do not have a key. After that, you have to purchase it at $50 or keep using it for free by getting a beta key every two months.
- Rip encrypted Blu-rays and DVDs.
- Produce high-quality output videos.
- Support Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Fast in DVD ripping without re-encoding.
- It only supports one output format, MKV.
- It is not quite sure about the right title for ripping.
Top 3: HandBrake
HandBrake is another DVDfab alternative due to open source. Tech savvy prefer this application partly because it offers lots of custom options for the video, audio, subtitle, chapter, and filter.
- Come with a straightforward interface.
- Preview videos with the built-in media player.
- Completely free of charge.
- Batch converting DVD videos in the queue.
- The settings are not always simple to work with.
- It takes a long time to rip optical discs.
Top 4: Pavtube BDMagic
Pavtube BDMagic is a DVDFab alternative that performs excellently in Blu-ray and DVD ripping work. It can compress a 50GB Blu-ray to 25GB movie in MP4 with the original quality.
- Support the latest optical disc protections.
- Customize video and audio options.
- Integrate NVIDIA CUDA and ATI Stream acceleration.
- Compatible with over 200 profiles.
- The interface looks outdated.
- It is not free and costs at least $39.2.
Top 5: Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
If you look for an alternative to DVDFab, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a good choice too. It provides flexible plans starting from $99.95. Compared to other Blu-ray rippers, it is a one-stop solution.
- Include lots of features.
- Produce impressive output quality.
- Support full, main, or custom ripping.
- Come with a video editor.
- The price is high.
- It requires extra payment for updates.
Part 3: FAQs about DVDFab Alternatives
Is there a free version of DVDFab?
DVDFab does not provide a free version, but it offers a free trial. After that, you have to purchase a license. According to tests, the free trial cannot rip anything.
Is it worth buying DVDFab?
DVDFab is a comprehensive DVD and Blu-ray toolkit with all features you need to copy, rip, and create optical discs.
Does DVDFab spy on you?
DVDFab may use third-party track tools to track the information on the user's operation to the advertising emails.
This post has introduced and reviewed one of the best Blu-ray/DVD toolkits, DVDFab, as well as the top 5 best alternatives. You can read our review and pick an appropriate tool according to your situation. If you have better recommendations or alternatives, please write them down below this post.
Best tool for ripping and converting DVD Disc/Folder/ISO image file into over various formats.