Having a large collection of DVDs and want to watch them on your Apple devices? Many of you want to watch DVD movies on your iPhone. Typically, you need to insert the DVD disc to a DVD drive on your computer. How to play the old DVD movie on your iPhone? However, you can either convert the DVD to the iPhone supported format or copy the DVD movie to your iPhone device. In this article, we will share the best DVD to iPhone converter for you. Follow this tutorial and play you favorite DVD movie on iPhone or iPad.
Part 1. Learn about iPhone Supported Formats
Before converting DVD to iPhone, you need to know about iPhone supported formats first. Here we have listed all file formats supported by iOS devices like iPhone or iPad.
1. iPhone natively supports the common video formats, including MP4, H.264, M4V, MOV, MPEG-4.
2. iPhone supported audio formats: MP3, MPEG4 HE-AAC v1/MPEG4 AAC v2 (.aac, .m4a, .mp4), MPEG2 AAC-LC/MPEG4 AAC-LC (.aac), PCM (.wav, .aiff)
3. Supported photo formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP
4. It also support document files, including PDF, Text, Rich TEXT, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
Part 2. Best Way to Convert DVD to iPhone
Finding a good DVD to iPhone converter is essential if you want to play the DVD movie on your iPhone. Though there are many DVD converters on the market, not all of them works best. Here we recommend AVAide DVD to iPhone Converter, which is a powerful and easy-to-use DVD converting software for Windows and Mac. It can convert DVD to iPhone MP4, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MOV, M4V videos. This converting software supports many iOS devices, like iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X, iPhone 8/7/6/5/4, iPad Pro, iPad mini, etc.
- Convert any DVD to MP4, MOV, M4V video/audio format for iPhone.
- Edit the DVD video with features like rotate, crop, effect, filter, watermark, etc.
- Convert DVD to iPhone with the original subtitle and audio track.
- Preview the DVD video with the built-in player.
- Extract audio files like MP3, AAC, M4A, etc. from DVD video.
- GPU acceleration technology makes the DVD to iPhone conversion faster.
How to convert DVD to iPhone supported formats
Step 1Free download and install AVAide DVD to iPhone Converter on your computer. Insert the DVD disc into DVD drive on your computer. Then you can run the DVD to iPhone converter and click Load DVD to load the DVD disc you want to convert.
Step 2Go the Convert All to area and select the output format you want. Move to the Device tab and choose the corresponding device type.
Step 3Then click the Edit icon to edit your DVD video. Here you can rotate the DVD video horizontally/vertically, crop the edge of the video, add watermark, adjust audio track and subtitle. If there is no need to modify your video, you can skip this step.
Step 4Finally, go to the Save to area to select the output folder, and click the Rip All button to rip the DVD to iPhone supported video.
Since iPhone supports a number of video formats, such as MP4, H.264, MOV, M4V, MP3, AAC, etc., you can select one desired format when choosing the output format for iPhone.
Part 3. How to Sync DVD video to iPhone
After converting, you can use iTunes to sync the converted DVD video to iPhone for free. In this part, we will show you detailed steps to transfer the DVD video to iPhone.
Step 1Open iTunes, click File at the top menu, and select Add File to Library. Choose the converted DVD video and transfer it to iTunes.
Step 2Connect your iPhone to computer. Hit the device icon in iTunes, and click on Movies.
Step 3Select Sync Movies, check the DVD movie, and click the Sync button to start syncing DVD video to iPhone.
Part 4. FAQs of converting DVD to iPhone
1. Can iPhone play DVDs?
You can’t play DVDs on iPhone directly because there is not DVD slot on iPhone. But you can rip the DVD or record them with professional tools. Then sync the DVD movie to iPhone.
2. Can I plug a DVD player into iPad?
No. You can’t connect a DVD player and play DVD movies on it. But you can stream a digital copy of the DVD movies on your iPad.
3. How can I digitalize my DVDs?
To digitalize your DVD, you need to install DVD Ripper on your computer. Insert the DVD into the DVD drive. Run DVD Ripper and click Load DVD button to import the DVD. Then select the digital format you want to export, and click Rip All button to digitalize your DVD.
When you want to convert DVD movies for playing on iPhone for free, you should learn about iPhone supported formats first. Moreover, you can find the DVD to iPhone converter to rip the DVD to iPhone supported format without quality loss. After that, you can transfer the converted DVD movie to iPhone with the help of iTunes. If you have better solutions on how to play DVD on iPhone, you can share your details with us.
Best tool for ripping and converting DVD Disc/Folder/ISO image file into over various formats.
DVD Ripping Solutions
- How to Convert/Rip a DVD to MP4 File on Windows and Mac
- Best DVD to AVI Converter to Rip DVD to AVI
- How to Convert and Play DVD Movies on iPhone or iPad for Free
- How to Convert a DVD to MPEG on a Mac/PC
- Top 5 DVD to MP3 Converter – Extract MP3 Music from DVD Disc
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to iPod with Good Quality
- How to Convert DVD to MKV Losslessly and Quickly
- How to Convert DVD to WMV on Windows 11/10/8/7 and Mac
- Best DVD to 3GP Converter – Convert DVD to 3GP Losslessly
- Best Ways to Convert DVDs to FLV on Windows/Mac
- Best Way to Transfer and Copy DVD to Mac Hard Drive