DVD-burning software is an application that writes digital files, movies, ISO images, and more on an optical disc. So that you can back up the digital content on physical media or watch it on your TV set. Both PCs and Mac computers have the ability to make data DVDs. However, they cannot make playable discs. You need a dedicated DVD burner to get the job done. Here is a top list of the 10 best DVD burning software for PCs and Mac computers.
|System Requirements||Price||Best for|
|Tipard DVD Creator||Windows 11/10/8/7, Mac OS X 10.5 or above||$29.75 per year, $46.75 for lifetime||DVD disc, DVD Folder, DVD ISO files|
|DVDStyler||Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.15 and later, Linux||Free||Video DVDs|
|CDBurnerXP||Windows 2000 and later||Free||Data disc, video DVDs, ISO image, bootable disc.|
|BurnAware||Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP||Free, $19.95 to $39.95||Data disc, bootable disc, audio CDs, movie DVDs, ISO image.|
|AnyBurn||Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP||Free, $29.95||Audio CDs, data discs, ISO images, bootable USB.|
|InfraRecorder||Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000||Free||Data disc, audio CDs.|
|iDVD||Mac OS X v10.2.6 or later||$49.95||Video DVDs|
|Roxio Toast Titanium||Mac OS X 10.14 and above||$99.99||Video DVDs/Blu-ray discs, audio CDs.|
|Burn||Mac OS X 10.8 and later||$4.99||Data DVDs, audio CDs, video DVDs, ISO image files.|
|Wondershare DVD Creator||Mac OS X 10.14 to 10.7, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP||$39.95 per year, $55.95 on lifetime||Video DVDs|
Part 1: Top 6 DVD Burning Software for PCs
Top 1: Tipard DVD Creator
◆ Make playable DVDs with videos easily.
◆ Add a DVD menu with customizable templates.
◆ Edit video files before burning them on optical discs.
◆ Protect video quality as much as possible.
◆ Support MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, and more.
- This DVD burning software supports almost all video formats.
- The built-in DVD menu templates make it easy to use.
- There are lots of bonus features.
- It can create DVDs, ISO images, and DVD folders.
- You have to purchase a license after the free trial.
Top 2: DVDStyler
DVDStyler is another open-source DVD burning software that you should not miss on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux, and Mac. Although it is free, users can get everything to make video DVDs on desktops.
◆ Create custom DVDs with menus quickly.
◆ Support AVI, MP4, WMV, and more formats.
◆ Add multiple videos to a disc as chapters.
◆ Include custom templates to make a DVD menu.
◆ Make ISO images for burning on DVDs later.
- The DVD burner supports the drag-and-drop command.
- It can make video DVDs with a variety of aspect ratios.
- It is under a free open-source license.
- The workflow is a bit complicated.
- The interface looks outdated.
Top 3: CDBurnerXP
CDBurnerXP is an open-source DVD creator software available to Windows 2000 and later. It can produce data DVDs, playable movie discs, audio CDs, and more on PCs without paying any penny. Plus, it does not require installation.
◆ Burn any data and files on DVDs.
◆ Create audio CDs with MP3, WAV, ALAC, etc.
◆ Write ISO files to optical discs.
◆ Make ISO files with media files or software.
◆ Offer a command line version.
- It supports a great range of file formats.
- The software is free of charge and supports both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- It provides a portable version.
- The DVD burner requires Visual Basic Net.
- It has not been updated for years.
Top 4: BurnAware
BurnAware is a DVD burner with three versions, Free, Pro, and Premium. The Pro version costs $19.95 and the Premium costs $39.95. If you just need to create DVD videos, the free version is enough. However, advanced features require an upgrade.
◆ Create data or bootable DVD and Blu-ray discs.
◆ Record bootable disc images.
◆ Make DVD videos, MP3 CDs, and more.
◆ Support writing for images on the fly.
◆ Auto-verify written files.
- There are plenty of disc-burning functions.
- It can write over rewritable discs.
- The interface is user friendly.
- The free version cannot copy one disc to another.
- It is only available for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
Top 5: AnyBurn
Similar to BurnAware, AnyBurn is the DVD burning software with a free and a Pro version, which costs $29.95 for a lifetime. As a robust DVD burner, the free version is enough to make a variety of DVDs and CDs on Windows XP and later.
◆ Integrate with an engaging interface.
◆ Burn image files to disc.
◆ Create image files from DVDs.
◆ Convert or edit image files.
◆ Create a bootable USB drive.
- This DVD creator is flexible and easy to use.
- It is lightweight and requires few resources.
- There are decent online tutorials.
- It cannot copy multisession discs.
- It does not support drag and drop for files.
Top 6: InfraRecorder
InfraRecorder is one of the best DVD burners for Windows 2000/Vista/XP. Since it is open source, everyone can download and use it for free. It offers a wide range of powerful features on a user-friendly interface.
◆ Create custom data and audio projects for burning on discs.
◆ Support writing to dual-layer DVDs.
◆ Record disc image files.
◆ Make disc copies on the fly.
◆ CreateSave audio and data tracks to files.
- This DVD burner is free to use.
- It supports WAV, WMA, OGG, MP3, and ISO.
- It works well on old PCs.
- It is not available on Windows 7 and later.
- It lacks some important features, like video DVD making.
Part 2: Top 4 DVD Burners for Mac
Top 1: iDVD
iDVD is the DVD burning software for Mac released by Apple. It requires a Power Mac G4 with an Apple SuperDrive running Mac OS X 10.2 or later. Users can purchase it from Apple for $49.95. With iDVD, you can write movies and slideshows on DVDs quickly.
◆ Create video DVDs on Mac.
◆ Integrate Chapter Makers to move from scene to scene.
◆ Include custom options for bringing movies to DVDs.
◆ Have a number of themes.
◆ Access files in iTunes, iPhoto, or iMovie.
- This DVD creator is easy to use.
- It supports moving buttons and backgrounds.
- Users can make slideshows for burning DVDs.
- It cannot create submenus from links to particular scenes.
- It cannot transfer or edit footage.
Top 2: Roxio Toast Titanium
Roxio Toast Titanium is a leading DVD creator for Mac. The price starts from $99.99. It works smoothly on Mac OS X 10.10 and later. It is a good way to protect your files on optical discs and USB on Mac easily.
◆ Get videos from multiple sources.
◆ Edit video clips before burning them on DVDs.
◆ Copy content from CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
◆ Convert video from playback devices.
◆ Publish videos to YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo.
- This DVD burner for Mac is speedy.
- There are built-in tutorials for beginners.
- The updates are handled in the app automatically.
- It is large and requires a lot of space.
- The software is more expensive than other DVD burners.
Top 3: Burn
Burn is a nice DVD creator on Mac that keeps burning discs simple but offers lots of advanced options. It enables you to write your files, videos, and music to a disc so you can access them later or send them to your friends.
◆ Burn data discs with a specified list.
◆ Create audio CDs in three modes.
◆ Make VCDs, SVCDs, DVDs, and DivX.
◆ Transform image files to optical discs.
◆ Fix bugs and add new features regularly.
- It supports the most popular file formats.
- You can purchase the software in Mac App Store at $4.99.
- It is pretty simple to use.
- It lacks video editing features.
- It cannot make DVD menus.
Top 4: Wondershare DVD Creator
Wondershare DVD Creator is another solid DVD creator software on Mac. Though it looks simple, users can get an advanced set of features and power tools. In addition to data discs, it can write music and videos on DVDs and produce playable media.
◆ Support multimedia file types and formats.
◆ Display the details about the burned files.
◆ Burn audio and video files on DVDs.
◆ Support dual-layer DVDs and CDs.
◆ Write files on rewritable discs.
- This DVD burner offers multiple plans.
- It comes with a concise interface that is easy to navigate.
- It supports a wide range of optical discs.
- Users reported issues when installing it on a new device.
- It is large and takes up a lot of space.
Part 3: FAQs about the Best DVD Burner
Does Windows 10 have DVD burning software?
Yes, Windows 10 has built-in DVD burning functionalities. You can use the disc burning feature of your File Explorer to write on DVDs. Moreover, Windows Media Player allows you to burn music to a CD or DVD too. However, if you want advanced features like a DVD menu, you must use a third-party DVD burning application.
Why cannot I burn files to optical discs?
Firstly, you may use an incompatible recordable media that is not supported by your optical drive. Moreover, corrupt Windows Registry entries may be responsible for this problem. Other reasons include a faulty optical drive or corrupt operating system files. Plus, you should check your optical disc and make sure it is writeable.
Can I burn a DVD twice?
With a simple trick, it is possible to burn files to CDs/DVDs R's multiple times. This process is called burning with multi-session and it is easy even for inexperienced computer users to understand and perform. However, normal CDs or DVDs only allow you to burn for one time.
Based on our review, you should learn the top 10 best DVD burning software for Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X. Some of them are completely free to use, such as DVDStyler, and others require a license, like Wondershare DVD Creator. You can get an appropriate tool according to your need and our review and introduction. If you have other questions or recommendations, please feel free to contact us by leaving a message below this post and we will reply to it as soon as possible.
Best tool for ripping and converting DVD Disc/Folder/ISO image file into over various formats.